Anaesthetic and Monitoring Equipment
We have all the latest anaesthetic monitoring equipment to ensure that all procedures are conducted as safely as possible. Our qualified nurses use this equipment to monitor a variety or parameters throughout any anaesthetic or sedation. These include:
- Capnography - this machine monitors carbon dioxide levels in the air that the patient breaths out. This allows us to make small adjustments to oxygen and anaesethetic gas levels for optimum safety.
- Pulse Oximetry - this monitors oxygen saturation in the blood.
- Non Invasive Blood pressure monitor. Monitoring blood pressure is essential to ennsure adequate tissue and organ perfusion during an operation.
- ECG - allows us to monitor heart rate and rhythm.
- Temperature - Body temperature can drop easily under anaesthetic, so our monitoring machines are fitted with temperature probes to allow us to intervene quickly should we need to do so.
- Bair Hugger - Our "Bair Hugger" is a machine which enlcoses the patient in a blanket of warm air to prevent them getting cold.