We're welcoming clients back into the practice again!
We are very pleased to say that from the 3rd August, we are welcoming clients back into both our practices to accompany their pets for consultations (should you desire to – there is no obligation). We have installed safety screens on both our reception desks and reconfigured our consulting rooms and processes so that we can conduct consultations at a safe distance of a minimum of 1 metre. While restrictions have been relaxed, there are still some rules which have to be followed in order to limit contact and keep things as safe as possible. Please see the guidelines below:
Please note, it is especially helpful if you can be available on your mobile phone when after you arrive. It means we can contact you if you are waiting in your car.
1. Any client with symptoms of Covid-19 or who is Covid-19 Positive is not allowed in the building.
2. Only one client per appointment is allowed in the building.
3. Clients must wear a face mask at all times when inside the practice. If you are unable to wear a face covering due to exemptions, we will collect your pet from the car park.
4. In order to limit the number of clients in the building at any one time, you will be asked to wait in your car or outside the door until we are ready to see your pet and we will then invite you into the practice.
5. In order to maintain a minimum 1m distance, there are designated areas within the consulting rooms or waiting rooms which clients must stay in.
6. Because pets cannot be held at distance of 1m, pets will be held by a member of staff while any examinations are performed, not by a client.
7. Clients still have the option of not coming into the practice if you wish – you can wait in the car and we can speak over the phone and collect your pet from the car park.
8. You will still need to arrange a time to pick up food and meds or for any other visit to the practice – there is not an “open door policy”.
The changes above mean we can shorten our appointment times and increase the number of appointments we can offer per day. We have made good progress in catching up with booster vaccinations and we are currently contacting owners of pets due vaccinations in early July. We are also taking bookings for all routine procedures such as neutering (including keyhole spays) and dental procedures. If you would like to book your pet in, then please contact us.
We are very much looking forward to taking some steps back towards normality and if you have had to visit the practice prior to this, we would like to thank you for your understanding for the way we have had to operate. It has been far from ideal for everyone and we are very grateful for the consideration that has been shown.
We look forward to seeing you and your pet soon!