Direct Insurance Claims
However, we need to clarify certain information about your insurance policy before we can agree to a direct claim.
- Firstly, you need to contact your insurance company and give permission for us to speak to them about your insurance policy.
- Once this has been done, we will call the insurance company to confirm the following information:
- That your policy is current and active
- The date that you took the policy out (ie before the condition that we are claiming for first occurred)
- What the excess is on your policy (this is normally a fixed amount that you have to pay before any payments are made by the insurance company, however, older animals often required an additional percentage of each claim to be covered by the policy holder)
- If there are any exclusions (conditions that are not covered) on your policy
- What the financial limits are on your policy
- If the insurance company gives no reason why your pet will not be covered for the condition that we wish to claim for, then we will undertake a direct claim.
- You will need to sign a disclaimer confirming that you agree to settle the outstanding balance on your account in the event that the insurance company does not cover part or all of the claim.
- You will need to pay your excess at the time you collect your pet.
If you have any queries about any of the above, please feel free to contact us.